Portillo Ski area from Santiago, Chile has acquired from Telemet Sudamerica a brand new PistenBully 400W model 2009. This is the first acquisition in its type for Chile. The PB400 with its variances has been historically one of the most successful models after being introduced to the market.
The PB400 is technically the best one in its class. Extremely easy and comfortable to operate, offers absolute precision. It includes all the essential characteristics to work in all and any mountain of the world. From its comfortable cockpit to its powerful and yet economic engine, to the chassis structure; this new partner has been designed to satisfy in the most efficient way possible all the demands of the operator and the severe mountain conditions.
The purchase of this PB400 Winch, means to Portillo ski area there is no longer the need for additional protective window shields since this new groomer model present a new glass production technology in windshield protection. In addition, Portillo’s PB400W includes:
- Cummins QSL 6 cylender in line diesel engine.
- AlpineFlex Tiller with foldable side flaps hydraulically operated.
- Hydraulic track tensioner
- Winch has a maximum cable traction power of up to 4 tonnes.
- New 3-way working speed system.
- New Rope Failure Detector.
- New and unique 360° turntable from within the cockpit
- Lower fuel consumption.
- Joystick controls all brade and rear implements’ functions
- Roll Over Protection System.
- Read more…
Portillo ski area, located at only 2 hours from downtown Santiago, Chile, has become, through its 50 years of history, in one of the ski areas of most importance and tradition. Its known worldwide for its beautiful landscape, hotel services and high snow quality.