During September 2009, as a result of having won a public tender, Telemet Sudamerica delivered two Kodiak Northwest snowblowers to the Civil Aeronautics Agency of Chile (Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil de Chile). These Kodiak units, model CR1.5S, will be used in the Punta Arenas and Balmaceda airports, respectively.
The delivery of the machinery was done directly at each airport, where Kodiak and Telemet technicians carried out the courses of operational training and maintenance for the technical personnel in each location.
These units are of multiple uses, with snowblower, frontal plow or frontal sweeper if therefore it is desired.
Some of their most important qualities are:
- John Deere 6068 Diesel engine of 275 HP, turbocharged. •Model CR1.5S is a machine with a singular motor with hydrostatic/hydraulic system that operates the chassis, the snowblower and the plow’s mechanical connection, has hydraulic pistons to lift and incline plow.
- Rexroth engines and hydraulic pumps.
- Funk transmission that offers rank of loss and discharge with an infinite number of shifts in both ranks.
- The driving steering is mechanical, with hydraulic assistance.
- 4×4 control with independent front and rear axes (allowing a smaller angular displacement in runways).
- “Kodiak Quick Hitch” System for fast connection of frontal accessories such as snowblower or plow.
- The cabin is mounted in rubber supports on an isolated chassis, with anti-vibration suspension.
- The snowblower has a width of 2.45m., with a minimum capacity of 1.900 tons per hour, (having the possibility of adding a snowblower or larger plows).